Information about you and your health is recorded when you receive Physiotherapy, to help with your care and treatment. This is what most people call your medical records. Each organisation you have contact with keeps its own records on you. Information includes:
- Your name, date of birth, address and contact details
- Your insurance policy number and authorisation codes which makes sure your records are linked to you and you alone
- Details of health conditions and illnesses medicines and other treatments
- Records of contact you’ve had with doctors / consultants / radiologists and other health care workers.
Good care requires good information about you, so it’s very important that this information is recorded. But it’s also very personal – so you need to be confident that it’s looked after securely and in line with the law.
Why we collect some information from your health and care records
We don’t hold your full health and care records. Each health and care organisation you have contact with holds its own records on you. We collect and store your medical information related to the Physiotherapy treatment you have received.
Why do we hold onto your medical records?
Some of your health information will be held in our systems to improve your care.
- your information is held so that if you return and see a different practitioner they have access to all of your old records and can see if there is any risk to future treatment.
- By having access to past medical information Physiotherapists can make more informed decisions about the management of your current injury.
- By having access to past medical information Physiotherapists can access vital medical information including medicines and and other conditions are recorded giving the Physiotherapist important and sometimes life- saving information.
- Your exercise prescription can be sent directly to you saving you time and improving your care
- You can book an appointment on line at a time that suits you.
Use of information that could identify you
We only share information that could identify you when we communicate with your Insurance company / GP / consultant / radiologist / and allied health professionals who are involved in your care. We send that information securely and gain consent by you prior to sending this.
Our Physiotherapy clinics do not treat anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”) without written consent from a guardian. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our data base.