How long is an appointment?
Am I covered by my medical insurance?
Portland Physiotherapy is currently covered by all major Private Medical Insurance companies*.We recommend you contact your insurance company prior to treatment to ask for your authorisation number and how many treatments you are entitled to.
*If your insurance company is NOT listed above, don't worry, this is not an exhaustive list. Please contact us and we will confirm over the phone.
If you require a GP referral for your insurance company to authorise teatment and you struggle to get to your regular GP, we recommend you use an online GP referral process. Babylon Health is one example of a cost effective online solution.
Visit their site for more information.
Do I need a GP referral for Physiotherapy treatment?
How do we treat?
How many appointments will I need?
What do we treat?
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Upper limb Pain / Repetitive Strain Injuries / Pins and Needles
- Tennis elbow
- Pregnancy Related pain
- Postural Problems
- Arthritis / Osteoarthritis
- Muscle tension
- Pre-habilitation before surgery
- Spinal rehabilitation following - Laminectomy / Micro-discectomy / Spinal fusion / Foraminotomy / Disc removal
- Shoulder rehabilitation following - Sub-acromial decompression / Rotator cuff repair / SLAP repair / Bankart repair / ACJ stabilisation
- Knee rehabilitation following - ACL reconstruction / meniscal tear / micro-fracture
- Wrist and Hand rehabilitation following -TFCC repair / Scaphoid repair / Carpal repair
- Hip rehabilitation following - labral tear / arthroscopy / micro-fracture
- Foot rehabilitation following - Tarsal fixation / bunionectomie / Mortons neuroma
- Achilles repair
- Post fracture
- Post injection therapy - corticosteroid /caudal epidural / facet joint injection / PRP injection
- Gilmores Groin
- Joint replacement post-op rehabilitation
What information do you need for an appointment?
What should I wear to Physio?
You can just come in whatever you are wearing as we can provide shorts and towels for you.